Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hippity, hoppity

Update 3/2/12 After waking up a bit after my 24 hour visit to WDW and really taking a look at this figure, I have an update on my thoughts, partially in response to Rust's comment below. Since Park Starz and Furry Friends, I think we have to come to realize that a ton of different vinyl collectible syles will be produced under the Vinylmation name. I have defended the fact that Vinylmation refers to the brand name and not a Mickey mold shape vinyl collectible. Yes, it is true that I said that the removal of Mickey ears means it is no longer Vinylmation, but because of what I described above, my opinion has changed and I no longer hold that to be true. All that being said, I do not think I will add this figure to my personal collection. I would however add an Oswald to my collection if it was in the same or similar shape. Reason being, and for the same reason I didn't hesitate to add Park Starz, is that it is Disney themed. A figure like this Easter Bunny is not Disney themed and doesn't have the Mickey ears... so it is so far removed from Disney, you could see this as a vinyl collectible by any other company.

Hopping down the bunny trail... and right into D-Streets... is a new open window limited release 3" Easter Bunny Vinylmation.
Designed by Casey Jones, this otherwise plain looking bunny, does come with a purple hat and a tail like we've never seen before. It looks like a cotton ball bunny tail. Nice job Casey. DLR will see this bunny first, on March 2nd. O-town's D-Street will have to wait a week later, March 9th, for the happy little fellow. $16.95 is the price tag. Your thoughts on this holiday vinyl?

No comments:

Post a Comment