Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Crazy4Vinyls

Last time we talked with Crazy4Vinyls, he was giving us minions and a grouch. This time around he tried his hand at recreating some Disney's most popular works.

Destination Vinylmation: What drew you to the designs you have chosen?
Crazy4Vinyls: Well I asked a few folks on facebook what they would like to see recreated and I was drawn to Pirate Mickey first. So I tried my hand at that and I received such an overwhelming positive response from many collectors that I thought I would try another one. So I decided to try Oopsy because I thought it would look awesome as a 9". It is probably one of the most recognizable vinyls out there, so I thought it would be fun to try and create it in a larger form. Then came Super Raton just because the design was so complicated I thought I would give it a try. Then the last one I did was Stitch just because well, it's STITCH!

DV: When creating these, did you take your own spin by trying to add details you wanted to see on the original? Or did you test your skills by trying to recreate them exactly?
C4V: No I didn't add anything to it, I wanted to see how close I could get the design and see if I could get the proportions just right.

DV: You mentioned these are your first 9" customs. What is the major difference for an artist taking on the larger canvas as opposed to the 3" version?
C4V: The 9" canvas is much easier to work on. I was a little intimidated at first because it was such a large workspace but not having such small tight spaces was a big plus when working with it.

DV: I'm sure you have something on the drawing board right now?
C4V: I am currently working on my first 9"/3"/3" combo right now. All I can say is that it is based on characters from A Bug's Life. I would also like to thank EVERYONE who has been so supportive of my hobby has a custom artist. I am really lucky to have met some people that really appreciate what I am able to accomplish and are happy for my success!

You can find Josh Edwards, a.k.a. Crazy4Vinyls, via Facebook: Crazy4Vinyls Custom Vinylmations. He can also be reached by email: edwardsjmn123@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment