Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Collector's Corner: MC

Name: MC

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Collection Size:
3" = 448+
9" = 6
Jrs = 15
Park Starz = 0
Customs = 3
Pocket Watch= 1

How long have you been collecting? Since August of 2010.
Chelsey's Ninja and Celeste's Samurai lead my army of Green Army Men and Storm Troopers. (In front of my signed Star Wars case).
What is your favorite figure that you own? Chelsey made me a Ninja and gave it to me during D23.
My Evilos Carbonite Mickey is watched over by the Star Wars Boba Fett. Near by Luke and Han dress up at stormtroopers. Also seen is the great Pocket Watch from Steampunck as well as several Passholder specials. Pluto and Goofy represent my Nerds collection (AM just helped be finish them with a Daisy) and Alice in Wonderland shows up without the chaser. Also notice the signed Thomas Scott Bearded Man!
What is your favorite figure that you don’t own? Ghost Obi Wan.
The rest of the Star Wars 1 crew hang out on top of my display case under the Millennium Falcon.
What is the best feeling? Getting a figure you need from a trading box.
Unlike Nick, I only have a few of my collection out at any one time. This is the second shelf of my case. Here Urban 4 and various tins hang out. Also of note for me is the Admiral Donald and Bronze Donald DLC pieces and the Bird and Tree Trade City set. Oh, and a few various Jrs.
On the forth shelve I have the Sea Creatures, a complete Park 4, and a partial Pirates set. Also this is were I display the Park combo toppers.
On the bottom shelf I display the Day of the Dead combo from Trade city. Also, there are two years worth of Marathons and the first two Disney Afternoons (The rest are still in their boxes in storage). I also picked up the whole set of Animal Kingdom and 3" Sports (with various Sports Jrs.) Florida Project Minnie rounds out the crew.
Some other displays I have include the two incomplete cases you saw at the top of this post where I keep series I am currently working on completing. (Since this picture was taken it now includes 10 of out 12 of Park 7 and 11 or 12 Park 8s.) I also have these two hanging cases, in which I rotate sets. Right now the Park 3 set is in one and Flags is in the other. In the background is the Disneyland Ticketbook set.
And then, finally, most of my sets is in my closet packed up in various cases. (Each one hold two different sets.) This doesn't include the various sets I have no way of displaying and the hundreds of traders I still have.

However, every day I "Keep on Collecting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment