Wednesday, August 29, 2012

ZoMG: Disney & Barneys Holiday Collection!!!



Let me start off this article by saying my two favorite worlds are colliding this holiday season, Disney and fashion. When I woke up this morning, I received a tweet from one of my good friends Jordan. He understands the obsessions so naturally he forwarded me this link.


I don’t think I have been THIS excited about something happening for the holiday season in a very long time. Barneys & Disney are collaborating this holiday season to launch a line “Electric Holiday”.

Beginning November 14th there will be a three-dimensional electric light show at the Barneys Madison Avenue flagship store that is inspired by the Electrical Parade. Not only will there be a light show, there will be a short film featuring, Minnie, Daisy, Cruella and Snow White turned into fabulous 5’11” super models dressed in designer clothing from brands like, Balenciaga, Lanvin and Nina Ricci.
Minnie in Lanvin

I love how they elongated the Disney characters to turn them into super models and give them designer clothing. Daisy is my favorite from what I’ve seen so far. I love the dress and the extra large bow on her head. Her look is designed by Dolce & Gabbana.

Along with this fabulous holiday spectacular, Barneys will be selling limited edition items including, Vinylmation figures designed by Diane von Furstenberg and Paul Smith.
3" by Paul Smith
I love the DVF design, she look her signature lip print with a fun saying to make the first fashion forward Vinylmation. I am so excited.

Not only will there be Vinylmation, also included in this Holiday Collection will be, Mickey Mouse ears designed by Rag & Bone and L’Wren Scott, various toys, sweets and ornaments that will be available at select Barneys stores and online.
Goofy by Balman

I cannot wait until this collection launches on November 14h. If you live in the NYC area or are visiting the Madison Ave store his holiday season, please tweet me pictures and videos! (@zoekatherine)

- Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment