Monday, August 6, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Mike Vetrone


Mike Vetrone, an artist from San Jose, CA, shares his Vinylmation 95 custom with us.

Destination Vinylmation: We know this is your first Vinylmation 95 custom, but have you done Mickey mold customs before?  
Mike Vetrone: I have done several 3 in customs  and  just finished my first 9".  I've really caught the custom bug the last couple months.

DV: Tell us a little about your artistic background.
MV: Well I've been painting pretty much my whole life (I'm 22) though art classes and leisure.  I am a graphic designer by profession so it's nice to step away from the keyboard and express myself through another medium.

DV: Your Up car is a great design. Clean and simple, it really gets the subject across. Why did you choose Up as your first subject for this car shape canvas?
MV: Well I've caught the Up fever like many other collectors right now so I thought it would be great. My good friend helped me out deciding what to put as well.

DV: I love the grape bumper sticker! What is your favorite part of this design?
MV: Thanks!  I'd have to say the house or balloons, both took an excruciating amount of time to complete.  I am very proud of the piece as a whole  though.

DV: What was the biggest challenge with working on this canvas?
MV: Deciding to keep it a car or not.  I'm happy that I chose to keep the essential elements of  the car in tact.

DV: How can people contact you to purchase your customs?
MV: The  UP car  is sold, but all of my work is for sale through Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/customsbymikevetrone.  I do commissions as well and I can be contacted at Michael.vetrone@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment