Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Mike Vetrone


Destination Vinylmation: I can just picture myself now driving over to Walt Disney World in this thing. How about you?
Mike Vetrone: I could absolutely see myself driving this to Disneyland or Disney world!

DV: That's a faithful reproduction of the Haunted Mansion wallpaper. Is this one of your favorite attractions?
MV: The haunted mansion has always been one of my favorite attractions ever since I was a little kid.  The work they do around the holidays is amazing as well.  The creepy wallpaper is one of my favorite things in the ride.

DV: Explain the hood of the car. It appears the car is speeding away and the wallpaper is ripping off?
MV: I wanted to try something new with the hood so i thought wouldn't it be cool if the wallpaper was ripping off to reveal something else in the ride? What I chose was the face of the "Hatbox Ghost."  He portrait is all over the walls lined with the creepy wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment