Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Aaralyn


Destination Vinylmation: Great job! This Baby Ariel is a great take on the Princesses. I know females are hard to fit on the mold, but this one looks extremely well designed and thought out. Was it difficult framing the face just right?
Aaralyn: Thank you! When I was designing her face, I sketched out different eye styles until I found one that captured the expression I was aiming for. When designing, I always spend the most time on the eyes. Once I picked out the eyes I wanted to use, the rest was relatively easier. I sketched out the front of Vinylmation on the paper template and drew the back directly onto the Vinylmation. I generally like to get a good idea of what I'm aiming to create, but also have room to tweak the design when drawing it on the mold.

DV: But baby Sebastian and Flounder may be my favorite part. How long does it take you to design and create a piece like this?
Aaralyn: Sebastian was probably the hardest part of this custom, due to his size and drawing him on an uneven surface. Flounder was a little easier to execute, although I drew quite a few versions of him also before choosing one to put onto the Vinylmation. This piece, including design time, took around 18 hours.

DV: What other baby princesses are you working on?
Aaralyn: While I plan on doing more baby princesses in the future, my next project is to create some special customs to display at Mickey's Circus. I am very excited to be attending, as it will be my first trade event! I can't wait to meet fellow Vinylmation fans as well as Disney artists. I hope some of the readers will stop by my table to see my newest creations!

Aaralyn's Contact Info:
Website: www.artworksbyaaralyn.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/artworksbyaaralyn
Twitter: @ArtistAaralyn
Instagram: @ArtistAaralyn
Email: customsbyaaralyn@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment