Friday, August 10, 2012

Spotlight On: Custom Vinylmation Artist Scott Bortz


Destination Vinylmation: How long have you been a vinylmation fan? 
Scott Bortz: When I first saw a vinylmation I loved what they stood for and saw the potential of what this could become. I started collecting for my daughter when they first came                                         out and haven't stopped since.

DV: What's your favorite Disney artist Vinylmation?  
SB: I do not have a favorite Disney artist of vinylmation. I enjoy seeing what artist's will come up with next.

DV: What background do you have in the arts? 
SB: I graduated from Kutztown University in 1989 with a BS in art education.  I am currently a middle school art teacher in the Allentown School District, Pennsylvania.  Since graduating I have been working on sports related artwork in scratch board medium and painting on bats and footballs images of players.

DV: Are you a Flyers fan?  
SB: I am a hockey, baseball, and football fan, and yes I am a flyers fan! Go Flyers!

DV: Where did you come up with the idea for this custom? 
SB: I decided to create a custom vinylmation for the 2012 Winter Classic because for my love of hockey and the Philadelphia Flyers.  I first created some sketches and found images of what the final uniforms would look like. Next I decided to use the number 28 for mickey.  Claude Giroux wears number 28, so I next found images of his equipment that he used for that game and the rest can be seen in the images. I tried to get everything exactly how it looked on game day right down to the skates on his feet.  This is my first custom but I will be doing many more in the future.

DV: Will we see more in the future?
SB: I will be starting on a Boston Red Sox Fenway 100 years vinylmation and a Pittsburg Pirates vinylmation soon. As soon as I get them done I will send pictures to this sight.

DV: How do people find you online?
SB: I am not set up online yet, but will be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment