Friday, August 10, 2012

Sellouts and Surprises Surround Mickey's Circus RSP Results

Those who registered and sent in a Random Selection Process (RSP) form for Vinylmation or Pins for September's Mickey's Circus event (Mickey's Circus Explained) should have received a very important email today. In the email, you will find out what products you were randomly selected to purchase. You do not need to take any action with this email. Disney will automatically charge your credit card according to what you agreed to purchase beginning on August 23rd. You will find all the pricing and return details in that email as well. Early pick up for your items is on Thursday, September 6th. You can also pick up your Vinylmation on the day of the event on Sunday, September 9th.
We would like to hear from you what you were awarded and how many of each. In talking to a few fellow collectors, it seems that some people did not receive even two of the LE 500 3" Bongo and Lulubelle combos. I know many people requested up to three and I also know some people did get up to two. This leads me to believe that the bears in fact sold out in the RSP process. Everyone I talked to received as many LE 1500 Ringmaster Mickeys as they put down for (up to the limit of 3). However, I've only seen people awarded as many as two LE 750 Goofy/Minnie combos even though they requested three. Again, a sellout. But the big surprise, at least to me, were the LE 100 9" Lion and Seal that retailed for $150 each.
I predicted, from the moderate reception and high price tag, these would not even come close to selling out. However, I know one person who requested the 9" Lion in the first RSP round and still was not awarded one. I also know someone who requested both the Lion and the Seal in the first round of RSP and was only awarded the Lion. This means, if I understand the RSP process correctly, that at least 101 people requested the Lion and Seal in the first RSP slot. So it appears both 9" are sold out and Disney's experiment worked; An extremely low edition size won out over an extremely high price tag. But it was not just Vinylmation that surprised me.
At last year's Florida Project, I practically bought the entire pin catalog. They were exceptional designs from top to bottom that represented Disney history. I even bought two of a few to trade that are still in my possession today. My RSP for Mickey's Circus pins was rather short. I requested less than 10 pins. I did however request 2 of the Roger Rabbit and Jessica pin... but was only awarded one. I only have a small sample to work with, but this was an LE 500 pin that sold out in the RSP. Florida Project pins were still at various pin stores around WDW as late as this summer. I held off on a few pins "knowing" there would be some left over and I could buy them later. This may not be the case.

I look forward to hearing about your RSP results.

No comments:

Post a Comment